Hello,

I have high frequency loss and have been given hearing aids. When I ware them
they help a little in this respect. But they do spoil my enjoyment of the
music. I should say I am a vinyl fan and rather hear the music how the artist /
producer intended it to sound. So I haven't tried increasing the highs to
compensate for my hearing.

So you could try lifting the highs from the amp or equaliser. Or investigate
the need for a hearing test to see if aids would help. It is interesting to
experience how a slight high hearing loss affects the defining one sound from
that of another. For going out a noisy environment is torture for me now too.

Good luck.

Gena

> On 1 Apr 2022, at 17:32, John Heath via groups.io
> <gus1888=yahoo....@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Hi! Getting older and I am now having trouble with certain songs where the
> instrumentation overpowers the voice. Are there ways to bring up the voice
> to compensate?

Georgina

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259