Aha. I should try that with the supposed discord sound files too as they
have no extension and I can't even figure out what format theyr'e supposed
to be. I want to change the sounds as I don't like them.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Anders Holmberg
Sent: May 26, 2022 02:27 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] corrupted files

Hi!
Audacity has a import feature that import just raw audio.
That might help.
/A

> 26 maj 2022 kl. 18:59 skrev JM Casey <jmca...@teksavvy.com>:
>
> I don't find goldwave plays nicely with corrupted files -- the processing
usuallyc rashes with an error. I think your best bet might be VLC. It is
pretty robust and doesn't fall down easily. That said even VlC won't play
everything.
> Maybe try using something like mediainfo to see if it can even retrieve
any info about the files.

Traxler
> Sent: May 26, 2022 12:41 PM
> To: all-audio@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [all-audio] corrupted files
>
> I usually use Winamp.  or GoldWave.  I also have foobar, VLC, audacity,
and, of course, Groove and WMP; but I don't know those vary well.  I guess
I'll try loading a couple into GoldWave first and see  if it plays.  If not,
then I'll try the others.

> Appreciate your thoughts.
>
> Howard
>

> On 5/26/2022 11:01 AM, Anders Holmberg wrote:
>> Hi!
>> What players do you have?
>> Vlc used to be able to play even corrupted files for me.
>> Foobar2000 might work.
>> Otherwise you might open them in gold wave and re save them and see if
that works.
>> I guess the mp3 headers are damaged.
>> /A
>>
>>> 26 maj 2022 kl. 17:55 skrev Howard Traxler <htraxl...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> By accident, I deleted a folder full of music; about 600 mp3 files. I
used recuva to get them all back.  Well, they came back, the names and sizes
look right, but now no audio player will play them.