Subject: [NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS] BIRDS OF THE PASSAIC RIVER
VALLEY 2/13 Essex County Environmental Center (621B E

BIRDS OF THE PASSAIC RIVER VALLEY 2/13 Essex County Environmental
Center (621B Eagle Rock Ave. Roseland, New Jersey
Tuesday, February 13th, at 7 p.m.
From: "Walter Goldenbaum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] net>
goldenb1 AT optonline.net
please email him about this not me
Subject: [SINGLES] Sierra Club Program: BIRDS OF THE PASSAIC RIVER
VALLEY 2/13
To: NJ-SINGLES-NEWS@ LISTS.SIERRACLUB .ORG
The Sierra Club, Essex Group, invites you to join them as they
present the program:
Birds of the Passaic River Valley
Tuesday, February 13th, at 7 p.m.
at the Essex County Environmental Center (621B Eagle Rock Ave.
Roseland, NJ
The Essex County Environmental Center and the Sierra Club are
delighted to welcome
NJ Audubon Society Associate Naturalist David Hall to present this
program on local birds.
Mr. Hall is a resident of Essex County, experienced biologist and
field leader of several
New Jersey Audubon birding adventure groups. He has spent almost 30
years exploring
the birdlife along the Essex/Morris border, including participating
in nesting surveys and bird
counts. He and his son are responsible for installing bird boxes
along the trails in Hatfield Swamp.
View a slide show presentation prepared by Mr. Hall on the local
birds and wildlife found
in Essex County and become informed on the current threats to
wildlife along the Passaic River.
Snacks and refreshments included. Free and open to the public.
For more information, call 973-228-8776

Directions: Rt. 280 E or W to Exit 4A. This will put you on
Eisenhower Parkway
Make a Right at the first light onto Eagle Rock Ave. The Center is
1/2 mile on the left.
Plenty of parking before the building.

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________
To join the Sierra Club, go to: http://click. linksynergy. com/fs-
bin/click?id= Di/QfvfXGrE& OFFERID=34214. 10000004& TYPE=1&SUBID= 0
NJ-
Sierra-Singles- Announcements List Info & Archives:
http://lists. sierraclub. org/archives/ NJ-SINGLES- NEWS.html NJ
Sierra
Club Singles Section Website: http://Singles. NJSierra. org/ If you
wish to Subscribe please visit:
http://lists. sierraclub. org/archives/ NJ-SINGLES- NEWS.html

Please forward the URL and sign up info below to everyone who should
get it. Thanks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS/
To start sending messages to members of this group, simply
send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
or post at the website
This club is for everyone 21 or older. Younger fans should find
another club. Are you a single sci-fi fan looking for a soulmate.
Feel free to post your introduction, and something about what your
ideal soulmate should be like at the group as frequently as you wish.
While this is not a New Jersey singles group per se, and anyone over
21, regardless of background, or marital status, is welcome, love is
a good thing. Please also post what got you interested in sci-fi, who
your favorite author(s) are, whether you are also a sci-fi writer,
and other sci-fi related thoughts you might have about books, movies,
tv, the net, meetings,parties, or any other sci-fi related things you
might want to post about. Are you willing to host a sci-fi house
party? Please post that information too. Your input is welcome and
valued so please post as frequently as you can about any sci-fi
related topics. Have you seen any sci-fi movies lately? What did you
think of them? Are you a fan of any current or classic sci-fi tv
series ? Please post your thoughts. What should our club be doing?
Please post your thoughts? What do you think about the idea of sci-fi
singles events? Would you go to them? Would you host one as a house
party at your house? Please post your ideas.
Please also be sure to join
THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY
136 MANHATTAN AVENUE  WALDWICK, NEW JERSEY 07463
PHONE: (201) 447 – 3652
http://www.sfabc.org
ALSO BE SURE TO ATTEND THE MEETINGS OF THE SCIENCE FICTION
ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY

NJ SINGLE VEGETARIANS seeks to bring Single New Jersey
Vegetarians who are over 21 together in real
life and on the net. Escape from your computer. We foresee vegie
potluck
dinners at the homes of people in our group, vegie dinners and
luncheons and brunches at vegie restaurants. Vegie picnics, perhaps in
the backyards of the homes of people in our group. We also hope
members will introduce themselves when they join and periodically as
we grow. We hope that you will find that this is the right
Vegie Singles Group for you if you are in or near New Jersey and
are single.Vegetarians, vegans, vegies of all kinds are welcome.

Little did I know when I first heard about the Tuesday Evening
February 13th event that the New Jersey Audobon Society  has come out
in favor of deer hunting in order to reduce the size of the deer
population.

Frankly I was shocked to learn about it even though the news has been
out there for quite
awhile. I just had not seen the news unti very recently.

The post excerpted from below for instance, dates from  March 20th,
2005

"Now I'm Starting to Feel Sorry For Them
I wrote a few days ago about how ironic it was for the New Jersey
Audobon Society to come out in favor of deer hunting in order to
reduce the size of the deer population in this state, currently
estimated at over 200,000 and growing. The first line of my post
was "You know the deer problem in New Jersey has gotten out of
control when environmental groups are in favor of deer hunts to trim
the size of the herds".

Well now I know the deer are as good as dead when the bible of
American liberalism, the NY Times, runs an editorial, "When Cute Deer
Go Bad". The NY Times called the deer "vermin" and "a plague",
language they normally use when describing the Bush administration.
They support the Audobon Society, even in the use of hired sharp
shooters.

Wow. First the Audobon Society, and now the NY Times. What's next??
The Times figures out who's at fault, "The deer did not ask human
beings to create the kind of predator-free suburban landscapes in
which they now thrive". But they say we must assume the duty of
managing the herd, a role normally held by the ".. mountain lion,
gray wolf and bobcat." Bye-bye deer....."
post from 2005 excerpted directly above was found at
http://www.dynamobuzz.com/index.php?p=1138&c=1

And then there is this item from the West Orange New Jersey town
council meeting:
" MEMO

FROM:                        OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL CLERK

TO:                              Members of the Township Council ,
Mayor McKeon
                                    Mr. Sayers, Mr.Coleman, Mr. Trenk
and Mr. Kayser
                              COUNCIL COMMITTEE CONFERENCE MEETING
                                                   FEBRUARY 6, 2007

6:00 P.M.                      Discussion:  Deer Population Control-
South Mountain

Reservation, ...President of Audubon Society"

and yes indeed the Audobon Society spokespersons at the West Orange,
New Jersey town council meeting favor deer hunting. Frankly I am
shocked to hear that. I hope that we can dialog with them about the
fact that hunting any animal is wrong.

I do not know if the Sierra Club event which was scheduled for the
evening of February 13th, 2007 will be rescheduled because of the 90%
chance of snow or not but if it is
rescheduled perhaps that might be an interesting place to begin a
dialog between animal rights people and Audbon Society people.
Hopefully we can convince the Audobon Society people how wrong it is
to support hunting any animals.Now I have a favor to ask of anyone
who reads this post. I am looking for good New Jersey  Kosher
totally vegetarian vegan restaurants to hold events at.The events
would be for our Yahoo Jewish Singles Groups
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/

Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
to join our Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups, and in your
introductions,and in your replies to other introductions, etc.

And another series of events, also at good totally vegetarian  vegan
restaurants in New Jersey would be for our other Yahoo Groups
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS/

and

so if you have any suggestions for good vegan restaurants in New
Jersey to hold the events at please let me know or post them to the
appropriate groups.

What better way to show the world compassion than by being a vegan?
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: