NEW JERSEY SCIENCE FICTION FANS  PARTY at Veggie Heaven
THURSDAY APRIL 12TH AT 7 P M

NEW JERSEY SCIENCE FICTION FANS  invites you to join us at
Veggie Heaven, Kosher, Chinese, Totally Vegetarian (Vegan) Restaurant in
Parsippany, New Jersey
this Thursday April 12th at 7 p.m.

There is no charge to attend the event,.

You do not have to be a member of  NEW JERSEY SCIENCE FICTION
FANS  to attend.

You pay the restaurant directly for whatever you order, plus tax and tip.

This is NOT a singles event. It is open to all regardless of marital status,
etc.

Please join us for this relaxed, informal social get together this Thursday
April 12th at 7 p.m. at Veggie Heaven , which is a 100% non-smoking
restaurant, is moderately
priced,has brown rice, does not use MSG or animal products, is Kosher and
totally vegetarian, has plenty of free parking and is easy to reach from
nearby highways.

Here are the directions to Veggie Heaven It is a Vegan Chinese Totally
Vegetarian Kosher Restaurant. The restaurant is located in Parsippany, New
Jersey at 1119 Route 46 East #8A Parsippany, New
Jersey, in a shopping center which has plenty of parking and is near Route
80.

The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876 and 973 263-
8331 the zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054.

>From the West (I-80)Take I-80 East and exit at the Lake
Hiawatha/Whippany exit.

Make a left at the light at the exit go past the entrance ramp which would put
you back onto Route 80 going west and make a left turn into the shopping
center.

>From the South (I-287) Take I-287 North to the exit for I-80 eastbound
>From the North (I-287) Take I-287 South to the exit for I-80 eastbound

Look for the signs for the Lake Hiawatha/Whippany Exit. Make a left at the
light at the exit go past the entrance ramp which would put you back onto
Route 80
going west and make a left turn into the shopping center.

FROM THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY TAKE EXIT 145 TO
ROUTE 280 WEST THEN
Take the NEW RD exit- exit number 1. 0.15 miles Keep RIGHT at the
fork in the
ramp. 0.07 miles Stay straight to go onto NEW RD. 0.63 miles Turn LEFT
onto US-46 West.
DRIVING WEST ON ROUTE 46 Continue for two traffic lights (second
light is Parsippany-Troy Hills Shopping Center)which is at the
INTERSECTION of Route 46 and Beverwyck Road

AT WHICH YOU COULD TURN RIGHT TOWARDS LAKE
HIAWATHA, INSTEAD OF TURNING
RIGHT HOWEVER TURN LEFT AT THAT INTERSECTION
ONTO SOUTH BEVERWYCK
ROAD,THEN TURN RIGHT INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER
ITSELF WHICH IS BEFORE
THE WEST BOUND RAMP TO ANOTHER HIGHWAY DO NOT
TURN RIGHT INTO THE
BANK BUT TURN RIGHT BEYOND THE BANK AND INTO THE
SHOPPING CENTER,
VEGGIE HEAVEN IS NEAR THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND IS
IN THE MIDDLE OF
THE SHOPPING CENTER, WHICH HAS PLENTY OF PARKING IF
YOU GET LOST CALL
THE RESTAURANT FOR DIRECTIONS IF YOU ARRIVE EARLY
YOU MAY WISH TO DO SOME SHOPPING AT THE PATHMARK
SUPERMARKET WHICH IS IN THE SAME SHOPPING CENTER.
AND OR AT A HEALTH FOOD STORE ALSO LOCATED IN THE
SAME SHOPPING CENTER.

>From Route 80 Westbound get off at Exit 47 which will take you onto
Route 46 Westbound
and proceed to the Parsippany-Troy Hills Shopping
Center) which is at the INTERSECTION of Route 46 and Beverwyck Road

AT WHICH YOU COULD TURN RIGHT TOWARDS LAKE
HIAWATHA, INSTEAD OF TURNING
RIGHT HOWEVER TURN LEFT AT THAT INTERSECTION
ONTO SOUTH BEVERWYCK
ROAD,THEN TURN RIGHT INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER
ITSELF WHICH IS BEFORE
THE WEST BOUND RAMP TO ANOTHER HIGHWAY DO NOT
TURN RIGHT INTO THE
BANK BUT TURN RIGHT BEYOND THE BANK AND INTO THE
SHOPPING CENTER,
VEGGIE HEAVEN IS NEAR THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND IS
IN THE MIDDLE OF
THE SHOPPING CENTER, WHICH HAS PLENTY OF PARKING IF
YOU GET LOST CALL
THE RESTAURANT FOR DIRECTIONS

The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876 and 973 263-
8331 the zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054. The restaurant is a
non-smoking
restaurant and moderately priced. The restaurant states that it does not use
MSG and does not use any animal products at all. It is certified Kosher by
United Kosher Supervision P.O. Box 317 Monsey, NEW YORK 10952
Phone: (845) 352-1010 Fax: (845) 352-0316
Rabbinic Administrator: Rabbi Yaakov Spivak

We also hope that you will join
NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

NS/

There is no charge to join NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

NS/

or to belong to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FA
NS/

NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

or to attend any of its events. If you go to a restaurant you pay only for the
food that you order plus tax and tip.

You never pay
NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

NS/

anything for any of its events.

NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

NS/

Wants you! Our Science Fiction group is for everyone 21 or older
regardless of background or marital status. Younger fans should find
another group. Please introduce yourself when you join and periodically as
new members keep joining. We plan to get together at restaurants and to go
to movies. We will see them in movie theaters,and, if people are kind
enough, on people's home VCRs, or DVD
players, for the technologically advanced among us. Buy your own movie
tickets. Buy your own meals at
Restaurants. Hopefully a typical event would involve going to a Science
Fiction Movie and then to a Restaurant to discuss the movie we just saw.
Are you a single Science Fiction fan looking for a soulmate? Perhaps you
will find that person here. This club is not a New Jersey singles group per se,
and is open to anyone over 21, regardless of background or marital status,
nonetheless, love is a
good thing. In the parts of New Jersey where the
science fiction clubs we know of operate there is also a
very high percentage of Jewish residents. Many science fiction fans and
science fiction writers and even science fiction stars, like Leonard Nimoy,
(Mr. Spock), of Star Trek, and William Shatner (Captain Kirk), of Star
Trek, also happen to be Jewish.  Most science fiction fans I know are single
men, and many of them, at least in places like New Jersey, are Jewish.

Many science fiction fans in New Jersey also happen to be Jewish. Most
science fiction fans are male. For the single Jewish woman in New Jersey
joining a science fiction group may be the ideal way to find her ideal man.
Unlike most singles events, which tend to be attended by more women than
men,most science fiction events are attended by more men than women.

If you happen to be Jewish, Single and over 21
Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply to join
the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls below will take
you to

One of the biggest complaints heard from many
women who attend some singles events
is that there are far more women than men
in attendance.

One of the biggest complaints heard from
many men who attend most science fiction
events is that there are far more men in
attendance than women.

Most science fiction fans are male.
Many science fiction fans in places like
New Jersey are also Jewish.

There are science fiction clubs in many
places. In New Jersey many science fiction
club attendees are single Jewish men.

The SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATON OF BERGEN
COUNTY, NEW JERSEY http://www.sfabc.org
is open to everyone regardless of marital status or background
and is absolutely NOT a singles group
nonetheless many single Jewish men attend its many functions.
It has existed since 1984 c.e. and was founded by its
director, Phil. The club holds a monthly meeting
on the Second Saturday night of each month.
The next monthly meeting will be on Saturday night April 14th, 2007
it will feature fantasy writer Gary Wassner
http://www.garywassner.com/
http://www.garywassner.com/bio.html

April 14, 2007 Fantasy Writer Gary Wassner Saddle River Valley
Cultural Center

The speaker usually begins at about 8 p.m. on the
Second Saturday night of each month, and there are usually
some pre-meeting discussions starting around 6:30 p.m.
on the Second Saturday night of each month.
The monthly meetings usually last until about 10 p.m. or 11 p.m. after
which many members usually adjourn to a nearby non-Kosher diner for
socializing until around midnight or sometimes even later. The club has
other events during the month also.  Please call the club's founder and
director Phil at 201 447-3652 for
details about the

SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY, NEW
JERSEY

http://www.sfabc.org

 and their many wonderful events.

Phil, is the founder and director of http://www.sfabc.org
201 447-3652 The Science Fiction Association of Bergen County, New
Jersey

THE STARSHIP LOCAL

(A note from me re the SFABC my experience with the SFABC
has been that usually your first attendance at a monthly meeting is
free if you are not a member of SFABC and after that you are asked to
join and to pay $2 for each monthly meeting that you attend.
SFABC has been holding monthly meetings on the 2nd Saturday night of
each month since 1984 after the evening program the group usually
adjourns to a nearby non-Kosher diner) please contact Phil, who is
the founder and director of the SFABC
regarding this post at (201) 447 - 3652 not me thanks

THE STARSHIP LOCAL

THE STARSHIP LOCAL A NEWSLETTER OF THE SCIENCE
FICTION
ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY
is excerpted from below:
136 MANHATTAN AVENUE WALDWICK, NJ 07463
PHONE: (201) 447 - 3652
ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION:

The S F A B C meets on the second Saturday of the
month and features talks, slide shows and other
presentations by people in the science fiction,
fantasy, horror and related fields. The Association
sponsors a number of special interest groups, focusing
on different aspects of science fiction and related
matters, including activities devoted to books,
movies, televison, animation, horror and other events.
We also produce a monthly newsletter listing talks,
conventions, discussion groups and other activities of
interest to poeple who enjoy science fiction and
related areas. We invite you to contact us through
our website:

http://www.sfabc.org
Directions to meeting site:

Saddle River Valley Cultural Center
305 West Saddle River
Upper Saddle River
Bergen County, New Jersey

The Cultural Center looks like (but is not) a classic
little white church, steeple and all. The parking lot
is not too large, but it's okay to use the much bigger
lot of the Methodist Church diagonally across the
street.

Important Note: The Cultural Center is on WEST Saddle
River Road. One block further over is EAST Saddle
River Road. Unlike streets in New York, East does not
turn into West. The roads are on opposite banks of
the Saddle River which is nothing more than a stream
at this point.

FROM ROUTE 17 NORTHBOUND:

Exit ROUTE 17 NORTH at the sign which reads SADDLE
RIVER / WOODCLIFF LAKE. (This is the exit after
Sheridan Avenue, Ho Ho Kus.) This exit puts you onto
EAST ALLENDALE AVENUE heading East. Stay on road for
about 1/2 mile and turn left at the first traffic
light onto WEST SADDLE RIVER ROAD. Drive north for
1-3/4 miles. Shortly after passing a brick Catholic
Church, the Church of the Presentation, on your left
hand side you cross into Upper Saddle River. The
Cultural Center is on your left hand side. If you
come to a traffic light you have slightly overshot and
hit LAKE STREET.

Note: You will see a sign marked WEST SADDLE RIVER
ROAD on Route 17 northbound well to the south of where
you have been told to leave 17. If you take this
exit, you will eventually get where you want to be,
but it will take you a lot longer to get there.

FROM ROUTE 17 SOUTHBOUND:

Exit ROUTE 17 SOUTH at SADDLE RIVER / WOODCLIFF LAKE
exit. This puts you onto EAST ALLENDALE ROAD heading
East. You drive under the highway. Then follow the
directions from Route 17 Northbound.

Note: This way takes you a little bit longer than the
exit for UPPER SADDLE RIVER, but it spares you making
hairpin turns on steep hills at night in bad weather
on an unfamiliar road.

FROM THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTHBOUND:

Take Exit 172, GRAND AVENUE, MONTVALE. (This is the
last exit in New Jersey and is just past the Montvale
Service Area). Turn left at the exit ramp and head
west on GRAND AVENUE. There are a lot of small towns
in this area, and the road that you're on will keep
changing its name. At different points it is called
GRAND AVENUE, MONTVALE ROAD, RAMSEY ROAD and LAKE
STREET. At the second traffic light you will be at
the intersection of LAKE STREET and EAST SADDLE RIVER
ROAD. It has two landmarks that anyone in the area
will know about: a 7-11 type store called Elmers and
a Texaco station. Keep driving west. Do not turn.
Turn left at the next traffic light onto WEST SADDLE
RIVER ROAD. The Cultural Center is 1/10 of a mile
down the road on your right.

FROM ROCKLAND COUNTY VIA ROUTE 59:

Follow ROUTE 59 until you come to Norris Pontiac in
Monsey and turn south at the traffic light unto ROUTE
306. This road is also called EAST SADDLE RIVER
ROAD. Head south towards New Jersey. (Note:
Although the maps show this road as Route 306, and
that's what everyone calls it, after you make the
turn, the sign reads ROUTE 73. Don't ask me to
explain it.) Stay on ROUTE 306 for 2.3 miles Note
that there is a long stretch between the first and
second traffic lights.

Turn right at the second traffic light which is the
intersection of EAST SADDLE RIVER ROAD and LAKE
STREET. A Texaco station and Elmers are at this
corner. Proceed west and turn left at the next
traffic light onto WEST SADDLE RIVER ROAD. The
Cultural Center is 1/10 of a mile down the road on
your right.

Please note that we maintain separate email reminder
lists for all of the monthly activities of the
Association. If you would like to be added to any or
all of these lists, please contact the Science Fiction Association of Bergen
County New Jersey at 201 447-3652
http://www.sfabc.org

Please also be sure to join
NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_ FICTION_FANS- subscribe@ yahoogroups.
com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FA
NS/

What better way to show the world compassion than by being a vegan?
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: