Hi chris, I'm Iñigo Varela member of Ubuntu Asturian Translators

I send copy to Marcos Alvarez, collaborator in Asturian Translators
Team, Mikel González team owner of Softastur, both members of Softastur,
http://wiki.softastur.org/Portada and Arancha Prado García-Jove, member
of the Office of Asturian Language Policy

Softastur it's a free plattform without commercial purposes that works
hard in Asturies to spread Ubuntu and free software.

We can see that the project for Asturian Language is declined for
Jaunty. We're very desolated with this notice. In this link:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+question/60903
we noticed that it was possible because "deadlines are in april".

Our team worked hard to get ready the translations for OOo in Jaunty
release. Ubuntu it's the first O.S. in Asturian Language, and many
municipalities of Asturies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asturias )
are interested in the project, and in some sectors of the education
system (schools) as well, and that is why it is very interesting for us
to get ready the version of OpenOffice. We are also working on Edubuntu
to have it complete, but the most important thing now is to OOo.

Because this work, Softastur has received important awards in our
community:
http://www.asturnews.com/index2008.php?idn=7460 (Softastur awards)

http://www.asturies.com/node/1916 (softastur-Edubuntu)

A lot of sectors of our Principality are waiting for this event. As I
said, they are very interested in introducing Ubuntu in society, schools
and councils. That's the reason that we send you this mail. We're sure
that we will reach many people with Ubuntu, because it is the first OS
in our language.

Please, maybe you can contact with someone people relevant in canonical
or launchpad who help us to get it ready.

Thanks to all, Iñigo Varela.