Birth announcement:

Washington Wildflowers, a smartphone app field guide to over 850 species of
Washington state wildflowers, went on sale Monday, April 8. It's available
for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire and once downloaded and installed needs no
net connection to access the data. Phylllis Gustafson and I, respectively,
contributed the plant descriptions and photographs. The data driving the
powerful search functions comes from the University of Washington Herbarium,
and the programming interface from High Country Apps.

There's more information, and links to purchase, on my website at
<http://turnerphotographics.com/2013/04/06/washington-wildflowers-a-new-stan
dard-in-wildflower-smartphone-apps/>.

While it's not a rock gardening app, per se, there are a lot of rock garden
plants native to Washington and we know many rock gardeners like to find
plants in the wild as well as to grow them.

-- Mark Turner

   gardening in zone 7

Mark Turner  |  Turner Photographics  |  360-671-6851
Family Portraits ... Naturally
Horticultural and Pacific Northwest Photography
Bellingham, WA  |  m...@turnerphotographics.com
 <http://www.turnerphotographics.com/> www.turnerphotographics.com  |
<http://www.inlandnwgardening.com/> www.inlandnwgardening.com
 <http://www.purebredpetportraits.com> www.purebredpetportraits.com  |
<http://www.pnwflowers.com/> www.pnwflowers.com
blog:  <http://www.turnerphotographics.com/blog>
http://www.turnerphotographics.com/blog
Photographer of Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest & Bellingham
Impressions