--- Lars_Hagström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb: > Hi,

> I've sent this mail once before, but since I've received
> no response I
> send it again (only this once, I wont keep spamming...).
>
> I've scoured the net, the alsa-user list and this mailing
> list for
> information about how to enable AC3/DTS passthrough on
> the S/PDIF
> connector on my new Creative Mp3+ USB box.
> The only thing I've been able to find is a vague
> reference saying
> something that spdif passthrough is not available in
> usb-audio. Is this
> the truth? If it is the truth, will it remain so forever,
> or is anyone
> working on it?
> If it is not true, what am I doing wrong? I can get
> regular stereo
> output on the digital out. I've got the box set to
> digital only, which
> I've worked out is a requirement in windows. I have tried
> playing stuff
> both with "aplay -Dspdif" (is this correct?)  and with
> "mplayer -ac hwac3".
Its not true:
you can of course output to (input from) spdif on
usb-devices. I think it makes no difference for the driver
wether the hardware outputs to (inputs from) a DAC (ADC) or
SPDIF.

I don't know anything about your device:
maybe the driver isn't yet prepared for that feature?
Maybe some (device/driver) documentation is missing?

> Would be very grateful for any help, since the
> passthrough was really
> the reason I bought the gadget, and I may be returning it
> if it's not
> going to work now or any time soon...
>
> If someone is working on support for this I would be more
> than willing
> to help in testing it. I can not volunteer to actually
> develop it
> myself, since I've never worked on anything thats even
> closely related
> to this stuff. But I will gladly help anyone who's
> trying!

Karsten