Hello Takashi,

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Ted wrote:
> >
> > # modprobe -v snd-interwave
> > /sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.2.25/misc/snd-interwave.o \
> >         index=0 id=GusPnP enable=1 isapnp=1 port=0x220 irq=15 \
> >         dma1=5 dma2=7 midi=0 pcm_channels=8 effect=1
>
> what happens if you don't pass the port, irq and dma parameters?

The same "init_module: Device or resource busy" messages as before.

I've tried missing out various combinations of parameters + cold-rebooting
(or not), so the BIOS/whatever does (or doesnt) set up the PNP card first.
The port, irq and dma parameters I used at first were the ones that
DOS/Win95 store in the C:\ULTRAPNP\IW.INI file for the card.

Ted.
--
Ted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   http://www.nowtsfree.freeserve.co.uk