>I would like to build a "music machine" using oskit
>http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit
>I would like to buy a professional-quality soundcard that has a development
>kit available, and at this stage I do not car about signing an NDA or paying
>for the kit, as long as I can get the docs for the card. I had bought a
>Midiman 2496 but they said they would not considered giving out docs unless
>I was going to buy "large quantities of their stuff". Does anyone know of a
>card-vendor where I might have more luck? Thanks in advance

I doubt you will have much luck with any of the card vendors. In fact,
I more than doubt it.

Fortunately, ALSA has already had reasonable luck, and the ALSA
drivers provide all (or more than all) the information that an SDK
would provide, albeit in the form of source code rather than written
documentation. This includes, I believe, the card that you've already
bought.

Why on earth do you want to use oskit, when linux itself can do the
job already? oskit was written by some really fine people, but its
designed for OS R&D, not building user machines or messing around with
complex user space apps.

--p