Hi all,

My ALSA output driver for my app has some fairly serious issues - when using
async (callback) mode, I can't get the sound system to restart gracefully,
with it segfaulting (I've tried signalling the callback to shutdown and
making the shutdown wait until the callback is done, with no effect).

This is puzzling me somewhat, since pretty much the first thing
snd_pcm_close does is disengage any threads, and the alsa-lib "pcm" example
seems to work alright, albeit immediately terminating the application after
the snd_pcm_close statement.

I've tried stepping through it with the debugger, but to no avail.
Soundcard is a Hoontech DSP24.  Any suggestions?  It seems doing my own
thread with pthreads might be a solution, but I'd still like to know why its
falling over...

- Tom.