On 15 Oct 2001, Josh Green wrote:

> I finally got around to doing a full duplex test with my SB Live card.
> At first I was experiencing the same problems I was having a while back
> (although to a lesser degree) with clicks increasing/decreasing in
> intensity over time. I was searching the ALSA archives (with google as

There shouldn't be any clicks (only on xruns). Could you show me your
code?

> geocrawler is useless) when alsa-lib/test/latency.c was brought to my
> attention. This program works fine with full duplex, no clicks (except
> on overruns of course). I did notice that it likes to take 100% CPU
> which isn't so nice when running SCHED_RR. It looks like "snd_pcm_link"
> is what does the magic. Putting this in my test program makes things
> work all nice and sweet :) Is this function call required in a program
> to synchronize PCMs or can this be done externally (asound.conf?).

This call is a part of API and it changes the behaviour of some functions
(it means that all operations are synced and you need to start/stop only
one stream from the linked group).

SuSE Linux    http://www.suse.com
ALSA project  http://www.alsa-project.org