Hi,

can it be, that snd_pcm_open in the alsa lib is not threadsafe?
Glame uses threads for all its plugins and if I have for example
one audio_in and one audio_out plugin, it can happen, that
snd_pcm_open is called twice at the same time. Wonderful things
happen in snd_config_expand and glame can't open any audio devices
with alsa for a running session. Putting mutexes around snd_pcm_open
fixes the problem. Are there any other functions in the alsa lib
that are potentially not thread safe?

Cheers, Alex

--

        The Priest's grey nimbus in a niche where he dressed discreetly.
I will not sleep here tonight. Home also I cannot go.