On 5 Dec 2001, Josh Green wrote:

> On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 19:24, Paul Davis wrote:
> > well, jaroslav's patch (to change the ESO value) was most of the
> > solution. in the diff below, i have also cleaned up the spurious
> > interrupt detection. with these two changes, i can run my trident with
> > a configuration that previously caused endless xruns in full duplex
> > mode (44.1kHz, 64 frame period) with no xruns at all.
> >
> > jaroslav - if there are any parts of this patch you don't agree with,
> > send me back a modified one and i'll test it again.
> >
> > i really hope that not all ALSA-supported h/w has issues like
> > this. the ability to function correctly in full duplex mode is
> > critical for all DAW software and much else besides.
> >
> > --p
> >

> Like I have mentioned several times before, the SB Live does have issues
> in ALSA with full duplex (well at least the full duplex test program I'm
> using). Are any of the fixes related to ALSA in general, or are they all
> specific for the trident?

It's trident specific. Regarding EMU10K1, it's possible that we have still
some trouble with the playback pointer / synthesizer voice cache
management. Unfortunately, EMU10K1 documentation is not much precise in
this sense so almost all things were debugged with try and use method. Not
very big fun. Perhaps, you may add to your program the tests for the avail
count (to make sure, that playback and capture direction is running in
sync). The sample rate conversion methods are different for playback and
capture in EMU10K1, but I believe, they're running in sync at least for
48000Hz.

SuSE Linux    http://www.suse.com
ALSA Project  http://www.alsa-project.org