Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Tim Goetze wrote:
>
> > the doc to snd_pcm_mmap_commit says
> >
> >  * \return 0 on success otherwise a negative error code
> >
> > but on success it rather seems to return >= 0 (the number of frames
> > commited i think).
> >
> > please clarify and fix.
>
> Yes, it's definitely wrong. The return value should be zero or an error.
> The description is fine, but the implementation fails. I'm working on it.

I'm not so sure that documentation was right and implementation wrong.

What are the reasons of this choice vs. the opposite one?

Are you sure that for each PCM type is always possible to commit *all*
frames or none? What happens if after a first partial transfer we get an
xrun?

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Opera Unica                          Phone: +39.546.656023
Via Emilia Interna, 140
48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project               http://www.alsa-project.org
It sounds good!