Hi!

I'm the guy who wanted to build D-class amplifier...
I've diecided to use DS87C550 microcontroller as a heart of my circuit.
It has built-in 10bit AD conventer.

I was thinking about sending values of voltage building output sound
(sound samples) to parallel port and then directly to microcontroller.
Those
samples could be sent as two 8-bit data, so the sound could have 16-bit
quality.

What it could give to us?
-It could be possible to use my circuit as 16-bit digital "covox"...
-It would not be necessary to have an audio card in pc
-This device could be used with any platform using ALSA
-It would not be necessary to take sound from audio card's output. All
cheap
cards use cheap amplifiers with big distorsions...

So I have question - is there already such function in ALSA, that
redirect/copy data from /dev/dsp to parallel port?
If there isnt - is it enough link dsp device with parallel port device,
or
to send audio data directly to parallel port? I suppose, that it would
be
good to send audio samples with sound frequency (44100Hz).

What to do to change 10-bit sound to 16-bit sound? Just multiply 10-bit
samples with 63?

Thanks!
CeDeROM