Hi!
A few months ago I finally managed to make my SBLive card (rev 07)
output AC3 sound via SPDIF. Unfortunately I can only make it work under
a very limited combination of settings.

ALSA seems to be out of the question for me. I've tryed several alsa
versions (even the latest cvs versions, which already include the recent
patch by James Courtier-Dutton) with different Linux kernels, but it
never worked.

The Creative OSS driver works... with old Linux kernels. Up to kernel
2.4.9 everything is fine. I don't know abour kernels 2.4.10 to 2.4.15,
because they have a bug that makes my system hang after booting. But
with the latest kernels (2.4.16/17), the OSS driver produces as much AC3
sound as ALSA - nothing, that is.

Are this known issues? Or is there anyone who can make their SBLive card
output SPDIF sound using the settings that don't work for me (OSS with
latest kernels, or ALSA with any kernel)?

If you can, I would like to hear from you. Please let me also know
your SBLive rev number (mine is rev 07), as well as your amp model (mine
is Creative DTT3500).

I'd also be glad to help fixing the bug. I'm not sure where to start,
but with some help from you developers, I could try to hack the code and
test it here.

Best regards,
José Carlos Monteiro