So all I need now, is an Digital Amp with an Ethernet port for all 6 Channel
PCM, AC3 and DTS output.
I already have an ethernet card for my PC and a HUB.

magic.gibson.com must be stupid not to realise that what we really want is
an AMP with an Ethernet port, not yet another sound card.

We could then just connect the AMP to the ethernet port on any PC, and have
perfect digital quality output.
Alsa would then not be needed, because once the audio is in packets, it
would be better to keep it that way in the application.

One could even use Radio Lan technologies, and thus remove all the cabling
as well.

Cheers
James