Roger E Critchlow Jr wrote:

> Peter Enderborg writes:
>  >
>  > Roger E Critchlow Jr wrote:
>
>  [ ... ]
>
>  > > Does this help?
>  > >
>  >
>  > Well. I guess it do. I will give it a try. It should work.  What about non midi
>  > snd_seq_event_t.
>  > The internal alsa stuff, like subscribe?
>  >

> Hmm, hadn't thought about it.  You can look at the event type and
> decide whether it's worth decoding, or just hand it to the decoder
> and see if events which don't translate to midi just go away by
> themselves, or you could look at the source for the library and see
> if snd_seq_set_client_event_filter can do the work for you.

Im playing with it now. Realy nice. But there are some feature that are missing I
think
There are some undefined messages within the midi spec.  The bytes F4, F5,F9,FD are
undefined. Right now the parser ignores them and that make's thinks a little harder
for me...
An idea is that alsa could encapulate them in a own variable length message.
Otherwise we
can not be transparant! (or have I missed something?)

> -- rec --

foo!