On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Peter Enderborg wrote:

> I have a snd_rawmidi_t. And I want to know what client Id it will have
> in the other end. For example my first rawmidi is card 2 device 0. And
> that is client id 80:0 but how do I look that up in the rigth way?

The best way is look for clients 'External MIDI C' where C is number of
card and ports 'MIDI C-D' or 'MIDI C-D-S' where C is number of card, D is
number of device and S is number of rawmidi subdevice.

I'm refering card names and port names.

Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project  http://www.alsa-project.org
SuSE Linux    http://www.suse.com