HI ...sorry about hte delayed response...

Just a quick response.. at present I have figured out my parrallel port
or the BIOS on my motherboard is not acting very well (Atrend
ATC-5200..VIA MVP-3 chipset) .. Sysex dumps under Win98 don't work...
yet they do on my old laptop (not running Linux) .. SO I haven't got
multichannel MIDI working under Linux .. as a result of not being 100%
sure of my hardware I haven't contributed to the ALSA-Dev mailing list
on this issue for sometime.

I will be upgradig in the coming months .. and will return to try anuse
the MTP-AV with ALSA>...

However the timing accuracy tests I performed with Takashi worked fine
and there isn't a problem with MIDI timing if you install the low
latency patches (and the sequencer uses them) ...

Hope it all goes well

Allan