hi,

cause i didnt found any sufficent documentation again i started to wrote a
kind of asoundrc-minihowto. my plan is to put it on the alsa-wiki-page,
but i dont know where the (un)offical alsa-wiki-page is, its not linked
on alsa-project.org. otherwise i will put it 'statically' somwhere on the
web.
there are still some questions open, maybe someone knows this:

what are hooks in detail? what are they good for??

how does ttable work in detail ??

all descriptions (in human readable form) to other pcm_types are welcome!

in the distributed asoundrc.txt is an example of how to define pcm_meter,
but i didn't found any docs about the meter module in
alsa-lib-documentation, also liblevel.so is not in the main package, why?

are there some other scopes around, i find this a very usefull feature of
alsa.

this belongs not to asoundrc but it bothers me a bit while installing the
drivers. INSTALL in the drivers package states:

The ALSA driver uses soundcore multiplexer for 2.2+ kernels and OSS
compatible devices. You should add line like 'alias char-major-14
soundcore'.

but i didnt found this soundcore module and kernel gives me errors, after
deleting this from modules.conf everything runs fine, even the OSS
emulation. is it still true for 2.4.X kernels??

______
joy