I'm having a few problems with the 0.9beta11 drivers. Perhaps
someone has seen these before:

1) The device "pcm.hw:0" seems to work fine, but when I use
"pcm.plughw:0", I get "Broken pipe" from snd_pcm_writei. This happens
even with stop_threshold set to UINT_MAX (i.e., this shouldn't
be caused by underruns).

2) I tried "snd_pcm_drain" (using the direct hw interface, not
the "plugin"), but I always get "I/O error" from this, after a few
seconds delay. On the other hand, "snd_pcm_drop" seems to work fine.

I'm using the ice1712 driver on RH 7.2, with am M-Audio Delta 44 card.

Any thoughts?

Finally, an API question: if I set stop_threshold to UINT_MAX, can I
still find out after stoping the device if there have been any
underruns?  Or do I need to monitor for this during the run?

        Thanks for any help -- Ken