On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 03:35:08PM -0600, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On April 22, 2002 03:27 pm, you wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 01:50:27PM -0600, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > > I don't hear any sound when playing midi using the rawmidi interface
> > > (using my SBLive! Value), I tried, some code written by me, and the
> > > rawmidi.c source demo that is included with the driver package. (A sound
> > > font is loaded, and midis play fine with sound, using the pmidi program.)
> >
> > Are you using the right virmidi device?
>
> Ah. there had to be something I forgot to mention, I tried hw:0,1 hw:0,2 and
> hw:0,3 (with any number for subdevice which didn't give an error)

I'm not sure how the emu10k1 driver maps the sequencer ports to virmidi
devices but I'm pretty sure it does that automatically. Do the virmidi
devices show up somewhere under /proc/asound? Also while playing do you
see some activity in the files under /proc/asound/seq?

--
Ville Syrjälä
[EMAIL PROTECTED]