Hi,

first of all, kudos to Patrick;  the new appearance is really good!

now i have a proposal.

how about to add informational pages for each driver, and make links
from soundcard matrix?  then a user can reach to the detailed info by
two clicks from the top page.

a driver page will contain:

- supported and tested hardwares

- detailed description, including module parameters and
  supported/unsupported features

- known bugs (and workarounds if any), TODO

- links to other resources, such as howto's

the pages should be controlled by cvs, so that both developers and web
admins can keep them up-to-date.
an advantage is that we can generated documents for
alsa-kernel/Documentation from these files.

i'm not sure whether these docs to be auto-generated or should be
static files.  also, we need to discuss which format is best - sgml,
docbook, html or else.

we can start from converting existing docs (e.g. CMIPCI.txt) to
such pages.

any comments please?