At Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:33:23 +0200,
Kasper Souren wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying to get my laptop soundchip, an ES1869 running under ALSA.
> Under OSS it runs as an sb. With "modprobe sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5"
> I get:
>
> SB 3.01 detected OK (220)
> ESS chip ES1869 detected
> <ESS ES1869 AudioDrive (rev 11) (3.01)> at 0x220 irq 5 dma 1,5
>
> But this doesn't work with any of the ALSA sb modules. None of them accepts
>   any of the parameters I supply to in the command above. Is there a way to
> supply IRQ and DMA settings?
> Or is there another way to get it running?

sb driver on alsa doesn't support es18xx chipset.  it is supported by
es18xx module.

isn't it pnp chip?
if not, generally, you have to set snd_isapnp=0 option together with
irq and ioports specifications.

> And also the ALSA es18xx module doesn't work. But I expected that, since I
> didn't manage to get the OSS es18xx module to work. But maybe I can help
> supporting the 1869 under the es18xx module. I'd be happy to do that.

well, es18xx might be broken, as already posted.
unfortunately we cannot test it because of lack of hardware.
it'd be apprecated if you help debugging, then.