>I changed my lilo.conf accordingly.
>
>The original entry had a nobiospnp option (nobiospnp was there since
>initially that prevented me from booting due to fact that long time ago
>Mdk froze at boot time when it came to probing pcmcia service, however
>I've changed it and it made no difference).
>
>I did /sbin/lilo (which installed the thing) and booted from it. No
>significant changes occurred, however. I still get the segfault, as well
>as no reports of pcmcia at /proc/interrupts. Here's the pertinent info:

this is somewhat helpful. i need to see the output of lspci -vv as
well.

what i notice:

     * your system has no problem allocating io memory
     * your kernel panic is not in the H-DSP driver or even in ALSA;
        its in the usbcore module.

i'd like to know if lsmod shows any ALSA code loaded after this
panic. if not, then it points to a bug in the usb driver code that is
presumably tripping up over the appearance of a cardbus device. if
ALSA is there (particularly if the H-DSP driver is loaded), then that
would put the ball back in my court. i can't tell because i don't use
USB for anything - its not even compiled into my kernels.

>Finally, if I do insert the card, I get the same notice as Thomas about
>the insterted pcmcia card.

which message is that? if its the "unsupported card" message, thats
OK. cardmgr is a userspace daemon, and its just that your config file
is missing an entry. as far as i can tell its not a problem per se.

--p