Hi Paul,

Here are some new elements that may help you :
- You said that under windows the bios settings were used to configure the
card, thus asked Ico and I to boot using pci=biosirq, which I did, to find
that the card was given the same IRQ as before (10)  (I was supposed to have
an IO problem, not an IRQ one) . Then I checked under windows, and the card
is given 9 as its IRQ, so there may be a problem using the bios settings on
my machine under linux.
- There is something weird in the pci buses hierarchy on my machine.
lspci -M gives:
00: Primary host bus
        1e.0 Bridge to 02-02
        01.0 Bridge to 01-01