Hi,

At Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:32:34 -0700,
Howard Abrams wrote:

> Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you, I am not using the analog on the
> chip. I am going directly in via the coax digital in. From what I
> understand the board should do "sample-perfect" transfers, but similar
> to the es1968, half my samples seem to be garbage. Playback is
> perfect, it is just recording that is broke (arecord or my own code).

well, if the arecord is broken, it must be fixed ;)
i just wanted to differentiate the problems.

> Your right, it may not be related, but where do I begin to figure out
> what is wrong? Does anyone reading this have a board like mine?

or, can this be a mixer configuration problem?
how did you route the digital input?
for example, if you turn on "IEC958 Mix Analog", then the signals will
be contaminated by others.

please try to turn on/off some switches regarding spdif.
the descriptions are found in alsa-kernel/Documentation/CMIPCI.txt.

ciao,