Hi Takashi,

here is a newer version.
it doesn't crash the pc when using oss emulation
anymore.
it can do 2 (or 3) periods per buffer now.

Takashi Iwai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb: > Hi Karsten,

> thanks, we got finally the support for this old
> card.
> i'd like to put this stuff into cvs, but before
> that, could you
> check the following things?
>

> - missing rule for tb-classic module.

there is no classic module in this yet. mainly because
i don't have such a card and thus could not test the
driver. i left the files, so interested developers can
start easier.
(i could do i module later that compiles but would be
absolutly untested. you mean that?)

>   if there are two card modules, will there a common
> lowlevel
>   module for them?  or will be integrated?

made no decision on that...

> - please remove the codes for old kernels.
>   the compatibility routines should go to
> alsa-driver tree, not on
>   alsa-kernel tree.

done.

> - is there a workaround for the jiffires warp
> (32bit overflow)?

i only used jiffies in code that was not really used,
cause it generated errors in the framework & crackles
in the sound.
maybe cause that overflow wasn't handled correctly?
no idea. commented that stuff out for now.

> - please reformat the codes with a certain indent.

done (correctly?)

> - you can use snd_printd() for debug printk.

done (mostly)

> - it'd be better to keep the uniformity of module
> parameters like
>   other alsa modules, i.e. snd_xxx.

done

> - obviously we can clean up msnd_pinnacle_mixer.c
> more :)

done

> ciao,
>
> Takashi

works:
PCM:      Stereo record / playback mmaped fullduplex
with the alsa-tools aplay, pcm, aplay -M, latency,
alsaplayer, amSynth, bristol, jack, ardour, artsd,
oss-emulation
MIXER:    Master, Pcm, Line In, Monitor
MIDI:     in
VERSION:  0.9rc2CVS, patch attached
OS:       tested on Slackware 8.1rc1

not...yet:
MIDI:     out, header
SPDIF:
KURZWEIL: start a mpu401 device

the patch archive consists off a diff, which is to be
applied to the raw cvs-sources and two directories.
after copying the also contained directories into the
cvs tree do

cvscompile
make
make install
in alsa-driver as usual.

note: this has only been tested to build modules for a
2.4.18 kernel on an single 400MHz PII with a pinnacle
in non-pnp mode.

regards, karsten

Yahoo! präsentiert als offizieller Sponsor das Fußball-Highlight des
Jahres: - http://www.FIFAworldcup.com