Hi!

After a lot fustrated hacking nights and days, finally (at least) I
manage to get a properly sound out from SPDIF interface on my Hercules
Game Theater XP card, at least "so far as i can hear". The sound is no
longer distorcionated and SPDIF is now integrated with the ALSA mixer
(muted by default).

About other missing basic feutures, SPDIF input, 4 channels, multi PCM
etc., well, I'm working on that, we see what I can do, at least there is
a hope ...

The code is still very dirty, noisy, well, I know that it needs a lot of
cleanup.

My new current snapshots:
http://www.cucumelo.org/~gorm/alsa-driver-0.9.0rc2-bs20020723.tar.gz
http://www.cucumelo.org/~gorm/ospparser.tar.gz

Please, test it and give some feedback, maybe there are things that was
working before
and are now broken., etc ...

but,
NOTE the code is very EXPERIMENTAL and may be very UNSTABLE for the moment.

/Benny