On Saturday 27 July 2002 17.18, you wrote:
> Anders Torger wrote:
> >Does anyone have any comments on this? Is repeatable exact I/O-delay
> >possible to achieve today with current hardware (and ALSA)?
>
> It is the normal mode of operation for memory-mapped IO.

Is it really? How do I trigger play exactly X samples after I trigger
capture? To copy samples exactly X samples into a buffer is simple, the
problem is to tell the sound card to synchronise the playback ptr with
the capture ptr, that is "start running the playback ptr exactly X
samples after the capture ptr started". The window of X samples is then
used by the software to do its magic.

/Anders Torger