Abramo Bagnara wrote:

> Paul Davis wrote:
>
>>>I am working with Alsa 0.9.0beta12 version and I am also using posix
>>>threads (libpthread) in my project. In the release version of the
>>>program I link both libraries (libpthread, libasound) dynamically and
>>>everything works well. In the debug version however, I have to do static
>>>linking of the libpthread for proper debugging.
>>>
>>why? i use pthreads a great deal, and i have never had to do this.

More precisely, I would like to do some breakpoint debugging. The only
way I know of doing this with multithreaded programs, is to link
libpthread statically (and I tried this with gdb).
Anyway, the question to me is, are there in general for some reasons
problems to be expected, when linking libasound statically or is it only
in connection with multithreading or is it because of some unknown error
of mine ?

>>and no, libasound does not use pthreads or any other form of threads.
>>

> Thomas, you should know to not rely too strong to Paul's words.
>
> He own a big heart, but unfortunately a big mouth too, that he's often
> unable to keep under control ;-)
>
> Some portions of libasound *do* use pthreads.

I hope I did'nt raise any kind of fight between the two of you :-) .

Thanks for your comments

Regards Thomas