At 23 Jul 2002 19:18:53 +0200,
Santiago Otero wrote:

> El mar, 23-07-2002 a las 11:21, Takashi Iwai escribi�:
>

> > ok, could you show me the values listed in the proc file above during
> > playback/record?
> > i guess the buffer size is not aligned to the period size, and the
> > number of period is relatively small.
> >

> playing sound:
>
> $cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
> access: RW_INTERLEAVED
> format: S16_LE
> subformat: STD
> channels: 2
> rate: 44100 (44100/1)
> period_size: 16
> buffer_size: 16384
> tick_time: 10000

i guess you didn't set up the period size in your application
explicitly, right?
that's why it gives so small value.

on the previous driver, there was a constraint about the period and
the buffer sizes, and perhaps this increased the minimum period size
eventually.
this constraint was disabled for the time being, because this likely
conflicts with the new constraint, period size = power of two.