At 29 Jul 2002 21:08:35 +0100,
Bob Ham wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is what I want to do: guitar into the line input on the live drive,
> that going into ardour, through a few ladspa effects, and out to the
> speakers.  I can't seem to do this.  The only way I seem to be able to
> get the input into ardour is to have it going through the speakers as
> well so that both the input and the ladspa-processed output can be
> heard.  I only want the ladspa-processed output.  Is this possible?
>
> I've had a search through the alsa-devel, alsa-user and ardour-devel
> archives, as well as the alsa wiki and a google search.  I am yet to be
> enlightened.  The SB-Live-mixer.txt is a probably a nice set of notes if
> you're a driver writer, but I'm not.
>
> > name='Line LiveDrive Capture Volume',index=1
> > name='Line LiveDrive Capture Volume',index=1
> >
> > This control is used to attenuate samples from left and right I2S ADC
> > inputs (on the LiveDrive). The result samples are forwarded to the ADC
> > capture FIFO (thus to the standard capture PCM device).
>
> What's the ADC capture FIFO?  What's the standard capture PCM device?

the emu10k1 has three different capture pcm devices: from ac97, mic
and fx.  well, callint as "ac97" is not exactly correct.  but
anyway,the "standard" capture pcm refers to the first one.

on emu10k1, the signals from ac97 are routed to the capture fifo and
then you can record them.  in addition, you can route other sources
and mix them to this capture fifo.  the switch shown above does this.
if these switches are on, then the signals from livedrive are routed
and mixed with the signals from ac97 (if enabled).

there are another switches, "Line LiveDrive Playback Volume".
this will route the input of livedrive to the DAC, i.e. you'll hear
the sounds from front speakers.
i guess, these switches are still turned on, in your case.