On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Pavel Roskin wrote:

I wrote some utils to test OSS drivers (or in your case the OSS
interface of an ALSA driver). These can be found in the emu10k1 CVS tree
(at http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1/) in the utils/oss-test
directory.

Tests include:
play (blocking mode)
play using idle wait loop (non-blocking mode)
play using select (non-blocking mode)
play using mmap
rec (blocking mode)
rec using select (non-bloking mode)
query (asks for device capabilities)
stop-go write to the device, waits (untill the output is just silence),
        writes again,...

Hope they can help you,

Rui Sousa