Hello All,

I have a small problem that I cant figure out.  Basically, on startup I'm
having
my sequencer run through the alsa clients with snd_seq_query_next_client()
and
snd_seq_query_next_port(). I look for clients with
SND_SEQ_PORT_CAP_SUBS_WRITE for
output and SND_SEQ_PORT_CAP_SUBS_READ for input, and connect to them
accordingly.

Now, perhaps the subscribe mechanism dosnt work the way I think it does...

my code works for my sblives midi input.  But when vkeybd is running, its
flags
are set as follows:

[128:  0 Virtual Keyboard Virtual Keyboard]
SND_SEQ_PORT_CAP_READ
SND_SEQ_PORT_CAP_SUBS_READ SND_SEQ_PORT_TYPE_MIDI_GENERIC
SND_SEQ_PORT_TYPE_APPLICATION

then I open my own port with the flags :

[129:  6 seq24 seq24 in port]
SND_SEQ_PORT_CAP_READ
SND_SEQ_PORT_CAP_NO_EXPORT
SND_SEQ_PORT_TYPE_MIDI_GENERIC
SND_SEQ_PORT_TYPE_APPLICATION
All other subscriptions work, but when I issue a snd_seq_connect_to() from
the seq24
port to the vkey port, it fails.
do I need to do more to my port in order to subscribe to an applications
port ?

Thanks!
.rob buse