Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>>i think implementing a semaphore (or flag) for each endpoint would be
>>>better, so that the driver can find generally double-endpoints
>>>problem.
>>
>>I cannot imagine anybody else would be stupid enough to design a device
>>with double endpoints. But then I didn't imagine Midiman would, either.
>>Oh well, Murphy's Law ...  :-(
>

> I found that M-Audio quattro has the same problem.
> the same endpoints are shared among different interfaces.  sigh...

I think a possible reason for this in the quattro is to ensure that
customers eventually have to upgrade to a next gen device. From what I
remember the win drivers will only allow stereo i/o at 96Khz. Even
though it has 4 channels or 2 stereo devices.

If there was a Midiman rep on this list they could rebute that ;P

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem