> > > I just tried cvs and I'm getting an unresolved symbol error
> > > on snd.o, pci_alloc_consistent
> >
> > this is likely because of my last change.
> > which kernel are you using?
> > perhaps pci_alloc_consistent() is defined as a macro for some other
> > function in your kernel.
>
> I'm using 2.4.20-pre4 + lowlat + preempt + capabilities + acpi
> (I think that's all)
>
> > anyway, i changed the relevant part on cvs.  please try once to
> > update.
>
> I'll try again...

Compiles fine and seems to be working ok (intel8x0). I don't
know what the situation was before because I did not look at
it, but now there are two ac97 codecs recognized (I guess the
second one corresponds to the modem - I'll have to find time
to test the modem so verify it works). There is no delay in
recognizing them as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the help!
-- Fernando