On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:49:19 +0200
Takashi Iwai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can M-Audio Delta or Audiophile users test the latest ice1712 driver?
> i'd like to confirm that the new one works fine before removing the
> old code.
>
> the ice1712 codes are split to several files for better readability,
> and now located under alsa-kernel/pci/ice1712 directory on cvs.
> there is no new functionality added due to this change.
>
> since the old ice1712.c is still compiled as default, you'll have to
> run "make" on alsa-driver/pci/ice1712.  the new files are not compiled
> otherwise.
> then copy snd-ice1712.o on that directory to
> /lib/modules/XXX/kernel/sound/pci directory manually, run "depmod -a",
> and reload the module.

With the Midiman Audiophile: aplay/arecord work correctly as does
recording from gramofile and playback via gwc (both use the OSS api). With
snd playback works but recording gives a no device error -- but that may
be because it's the version from Debian/Woody and it may be build against
an incompatible version of something (since I haven't tried to record with
snd since I switched from SuSE to Debian I'm not sure if the new driver
has any responsibility for this).

Since I don't have any digital hardware I've not tested the AC97/SPDIF
stuff.

Best regards,
        James

--
James Tappin,               O__      "I forget the punishment for using
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering