Hi Jaroslav,

At Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:29:48 +0200 (CEST),
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>       your almost all negative messages persuaded me to wait awhile with
> new function prototypes. Here is the result:

thanks for quick reaction.
the new library works fine with the old applications.

> - .so library number returned to .2

fine, we can keep the old apps.

> - library builds with versioned symbols since now, default tag is ALSA_0.9
> - new snd_pcm_hw_params_* function are available with tag ALSA_0.9.0rc4
>   (not available for default linking); these new functions are explicitly
>   available when ALSA_PCM_NEW_HW_PARAMS_API is defined before inclusion of
>   asoundlib.h

will this condition be removed in the future release as default?
we can put ALSA_PCM_OLD_HW_PARAM_API for the backward compatibility
later, instead.

> - old (default, implicit) functions are not documented from this time,
>   each references in documentation are to newer API

it would be nice to put a note that this api was changed since
0.9.0rc2.