Hi,
Sagi Bashari hat gesagt: // Sagi Bashari wrote:

> James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>
> >There are other applications/tools you can use, one of which is "JACK"
> >that allows for multiple audio streams mixed in software and lots of
> >other cool stuff.
>
> I used ARTS until now. But I don't want to use software mixing. The
> latency is bad and it eats CPU for nothing, why use it when you have
> hardware support?

That's what the JACK developers also thought, and that's why Jack has
excellent low latency. It's a design goal of Jack. The other goal is
something, that hardware mixing cannot achieve: Transparent
exchange of audio data between applications. With Jack you can use the
output of one programm as input to another program.

ciao