Dear everyone
     I have a question on using this api call.
     In the last argument, we need to pass in the "frame". But the problem
is that I dont understand the term "frame". Could anyone explain to me a
little bit what it is? And also, what is meant by a "period"?
     I have read http://www.suse.de/~mana/alsa090_howto.html and tested
their "Basic PCM audio" program, I heard some random noise coming out from
my speakers as the program is executed. Then I tried to modify the
program. First I read some pcm data into a char* from a local file, then I
tried to call snd_pcm_writei, passing my pcm data as argument. But I hear
no sound. So I would like to know what I should pass as the "frame"
argument.
    Thank you very much