Hi,

I am in the process of updating the tascam us-428
patch for alsa-current and need some hints:
formerly the snd-usb-us428 issued
"request_module( "snd-usb-midi");"
to load that module. this doesn't work with
alsa-current anymore as the snd-usb-audio
initialisation, which is triggered, conflicts with the
initialisation of snd-usb-us428.
thus I deleted that "request_module( "snd-usb-midi");"
from snd_usb_us428.
I remember from some Mail on this list, that
snd-usb-midi  would be autoloaded if a users process
accesses a mididevice, which has been created by
"snd_seq_device_new( ...SNDRV_SEQ_DEV_ID_USBMIDI)".
this does not happen here now.
what do I miss?
for the tests I use the bristolsynth with
"./startBristol -alsa -audiodev hw:1 -mididev hw:1"
having issued "modprobe snd-usb-midi" before,
everythingg works as expected. otherwise
"Could not open the MIDI interface.
Error opening midi device hw:1, exiting midi thread"

TIA, Karsten