Jaroslav Kysela schrieb:

> On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>
> > Looks like ice1712 is currently broken :-(
>
> Everything seems broken ;-( Try CVS again. Thanks.

My EWX24/96 produces sound (I'm using alsa-0.9.0.cvs20020903,
distributed with SuSE 8.1) - but I can't manage MusE to use this card
successfully as Alsa-Hardware, it keeps complaining "Sample format non
available", though /etc/asound.conf contains

pcm.ice1712 {
        type plughw
        card 0
}

ctl.ice1712 {
        type plughw
        card 0
}

If I force MusE to use my Onboard-Soundchip (SIS7012, i810-Driver),
everything works.

1.
Which place is the right one to look at - is this a problem of MusE or
something possibly caused by a partly broken driver (or a configuration
issue)?

2.
If the latter is the case - is it possible to integrate the source for
the ICE1712 driver from CVS in the sources delivered with SuSE? I don't
want to go into a fight to get Alsa compiled/running again, I just
liked to see, if a newer driver would solve this problem...

Andi