On Friday 25 October 2002 16:16, Kevin Conder wrote:
> Abramo Bagnara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Documentation has not been written for lack of funding and lack of
> >volunteers.

Maybe Abramo meant "funded volunteers" ? Maybe not, but
then with one short response like that it's a bit hard
to tell.

> As a frustrated former documentation volunteer, here is my advice:

I, and I'm sure a _lot_ of other people, are just as
frustrated as hell with the state of ALSA. It's Ok
for those with the time and dedication to dig deep
and hard but for the "rest of us" it's generally been
a right royal pain dealing with ALSA.

Two points to consider: I set up that Wiki from similar
levels of frustration with the lack of documentation
and you are more than welcome to leave ANY input on that
server... also, I feel, one of the main obsticles holding
back even wider adoption of ALSA is the lack of not only
documentation (Patrick Shirkey has done a great job of
plugging holes) but the difficulty of the non-English
speaking core developers struggling to relate to the
rest of us via these lists. It's almost a non-event
beyond purely tech/code issues.

Jaraslov, Abramo and Takashi... you guys pump bigtime
at keeping the codebase and ALSA rolling along but there
is a distinct lack of leadership and direction... most
likely because of the language barriers, I presume. I
am not slagging on you 3 guys and I do not know what
the right answers are but I can see that no one in any
leadership capacity is actively outlining any coordination
and direction "for the rest of us".

--markc