Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Takashi Iwai wrote:
At Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:07:41 +0100,
Wilfried Weissmann wrote:
[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
I dug a little around in the code. The infinitive loop was caused by being stuck in DRAINING mode. snd_pcm_lib_read1() returns -EPIPE in this case (pcm_lib.c: 2146). Then we return to snd_pcm_oss_read3() which continues to call this function until jdoomsday (= SysRq+b). I changed the code to call snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr() before that. The patch is attached. It *seems* to fix it. You want to have a _real_ close look at that if you want to apply the patch, as it is just a shot in the dark. At least I know now that the problem is (I figured it out by inserting printk).
looks correct.  applied to cvs now.

It's wrong. I reverted the change and included new updated code for the OSS emulation.
I just tested the new patch. It works perfectly. Thanks all.

bye,
Wilfried