>I would like to help with the Hammerfall DSP driver.
>Is there any additional technical information? Could someone be so kind
>and forward it to me? The driver is easily readable, but it wouldn't
>hurt if I had the original documents still.

there are no documents. i have source code for a different OS from rme
under an NDA. sorry, i am not permitted to release them to you.

anyway, what is it that you want to help with? what needs work or
fixing or improving?

>Two more things:
>- The driver uses inlined functions quite extensively. But I think, that
>gcc does not inline functions, at least not with -O2 optimization, which
>was default (I tried -finline-functions, hdsp.o was different
>afterwards).

this has nothing to do with the driver itself, but with the
compilation environment, which is in turn a function of whether ALSA
is being built as part of the kernel or as a set of standalone
modules. please don't waste your time with this sort of stuff.

>- In snd_hdsp_interrupt: The first four lines determine, why the
>interrupt was triggered (audio, midi0, midi1). Now the MIDI code further
>down does not use that information, but the MIDI status instead. Could
>that be the cause for the audio dropouts, that happen now and then, when
>MIDI is received?

its not the cause of the dropouts, no. but you raise a good design
issue for the driver. its a bad idea to be handling both audio and
MIDI in the same thread. we should really use a bottom-half or a
tasklet to take care of the MIDI I/O. this would allow the interrupt
to complete much more rapidly.

--p