Hi Chris,

At Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:56:51 +0000 (GMT),
Chris Rankin wrote:

>  --- Takashi Iwai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > do you know which version (or date) the driver
> > worked without clicks?
> > there have been not many changes for emu10k1 or pcm
> > stuffs recently.
>
> On a hunch, I downloaded the alsa-lib-0.9.0rc6 and
> alsa-util-0.9.0rc6 packages and tried those against
> the current CVS version of the kernel modules. There
> is no nasty clicking sound using 0.9.0rc6 userspace.
>
> Even more interesting:
>
> alsa-lib 0.9.0rc6 + alsa-utils CVS => CLICK!
> alsa-lib CVS + alsa-utils 0.9.0rc6 => No click.

wow, that's interesting.  thanks for tracking it down.

unfortuantely i cannot reproduce this problem with the combination of
alsa-lib CVS + alsa-utils CVS on my audigy.

is it possible that the behavior depends on the wav file to play?
if the file is not too big, could you send me the example wav file to
trigger this, so that i can test on my machine?

ciao,