Replying to my own mail, I know:)

I reverted the changes the recent amplifier patch did to cs46xx_lib.c
and RC7 works perfectly - no warning in dmesg either.

The cs46xx FIFO's are usually only accessed internally by the DSP. There's is backdoor that make it possible to access the FIFO's from the host.

My theory is that it's not possible to use this backdoor while the DSP is accesing the FIFO's
To enable the rear speakers on the Santa Cruz card this backdoor is used to access some GPIO's on the secondary codec.
A couple of month agoo I've changed the initialization order so: the rear-speakers on the Santa Cruz board was enabled was enababled before the DSP core was started, apparently it worked out. Now the problem could be that the initialization order is changed again.

/Benny