>the hdsp driver still seems to have problems with the new pci
>card. It's a little complicated for me to give exact information as
>the machine is in Rotterdam and I'm in Berlin. I got The following
>email from the sysadmin of the machine:

i have an hdsp-9652 here that i haven't installed yet. it sounds as if
need to do so and test it out, because i think it has the new firmware
on it. RME sent me one because to develop a firmware flasher is not
safe on the pure hdsp - a mistake will fry the h/w. apparently the
hdsp-9652 is resistant to such mistakes.

however, i can't do it today, that's for sure. i will ask RME though
and see if they know of anything that i/we should know.

--p